WB Games | Avalanche Blog
July 17, 2021
Advanced Game Systems Designer (Remote OK)
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. seeks an Advanced Designer for the Digital Product Management department. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is looking for great people that want to create the next big hit in entertainment and change how players view gaming. Warner Bros. has brought some of most beloved brands to consumers such as Harry Potter, LEGO, DC, and much more in the interactive medium. We are looking to add an energetic, social, and ambitious professional who has a passion to create great games and win.
You will play a critical lead role in ensuring the commercial success of our games. You will work with some of the most talented producers, designers and marketers in the industry to help shape the strategy of our key products.
- Responsible for a small team developing features / events.
- Become a genre expert. Understand what makes leaders successful and distill learnings to help translate them into actionable strategies.
- Help develop a winning strategy within your genre of expertise.
- Analyze genre leaders with particular focus on game systems (economic, progression, combat, events/competitions) and live plans. Identify successful trends and adapt them for our projects.
- Present data supported summaries and recommendations to improve design within your genre of expertise.
- Work with a studio to align their system design with the established winning strategy and best design practices.
- Contribute to roundtable evaluations of potential new games. Use your genre expertise to quantify potential opportunities and risks.
- Remote okay, if located in North America.
- 8+ years games industry experience with 5+ years of working on free to play games.
- 1+ year of live support on a f2p game.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong communication skills to be able to influence and convince others to your point of view.
- Strong understanding of merchandising, event, and live operations/monetization technique.