WB Games | Avalanche Blog
July 17, 2021
Advanced Game Writer
Avalanche a division of WB Games, Inc., is looking for an Advanced Writer for their Story department. Join the team working on the upcoming game Hogwarts Legacy, a new open world, action RPG set in the Wizarding World.
We are looking for a talented storyteller with a deep understanding of the wizarding world. Applicants should be creative, self-motivated problem solvers who enjoy collaborating with other writers and designers to create an immersive game narrative. If this is you, send us your resume and writing samples for consideration.
- Take the lead with the story and design team to develop compelling narratives.
- Provide British authenticity to the tone of the project.
- Research and play similar games to keep current on gaming trends.
- Resolve issues, take action, provide feedback and modify work based on direction from both the internal team and franchise representatives.
- Review product as necessary to help maintain on-brand messaging.
- Work with the cinematics team to keep the visual storytelling authentic and accurate.
- Oversee the daily work of assigned staff.
- Prioritize and assign narrative tasks to staff.
- Provide editorial on dialogue and on-screen text, including proper spelling, punctuation and grammatical structure.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or 8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced storyteller and writer, with a special emphasis on narrative writing dialogue preferably in console games.
- Work that shows an advanced understanding of gaming narrative and branching storytelling, particularly in the realm of RPGs.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the game making process.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and deliver work in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong belief in a Team-based approach.
- 5+ years of relevant game production/complex writing experience.