WB Games | Avalanche Blog
July 17, 2021
Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Generalist Artist to join the team working on the upcoming game, Hogwarts Legacy, a new open world, action RPG set in the Wizarding World.
- Work comfortably within a team of artists, designers, programmers and supervisors.
- Provide a high degree of skill in at least one discipline and proficient in others (modeling, texturing, animation, rigging, lighting, FX, integrating assets in Unreal Engine4, etc)
- Proactively work with project leadership and collaborate closely with the Art Manager to understand artistic, technical and design requirements of assigned tasks and complete those tasks considering time and quality.
- Perform other duties as needed in a willing and cooperative manner (be a helpful team member)
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent work experience in 2D/3D animation, graphic design or video games
- 3 years’ experience as an Artist in the industry
- Proficient in Maya, 3dsmax or equivalent
- Proficient in content integration with in UnReal Engine 4
- Proficient in Adobe software: Photoshop and Illustrator.
- A well-developed knowledge of foundational art principles (e.g. color theory, composition, anatomy, etc)
The Nice to Haves
- Experience with ZBrush
- Experience with Substance Painter and Designer
- Experience with Jira
- Working experience in the Unreal Engine including scene assembly, materials, lighting, FX, terrain sculpting.
- Ability to conceptualize ideas, produce concept art, storyboards, or mockups as needed and revise quickly.