WB Games Inc., seeks an Associate Artist to support and assist the Avalanche Cinematic Team. This position is an individual contributor primarily focused on assisting the cinematic creation teams from a technical standpoint.
This work can include scene setup in Motion Builder, Maya, and our in-house cinematic tool, maintaining functionality of cinematics throughout the project. The Associate Artist Intern will also be responsible for asset verification and collection for outsourced cinematics.
- Provide Cinematic Scene Setup and maintenance which will include:
- Set up MotionBuilder props and sets from in game assets
- Set up SceneRigs (Proprietary tool)
- Export and setup Sub scene files (Propriety tool in Maya)
- Maintain functionality of cinematics throughout the project.
- Support outsourcers as needed with asset verification and collection before it is sent out, and intake of the new data
- Provide general cinematic support
- At least 1+ years’ experience in college or industry
- A BFA or a BS, focusing on game development or similar background is preferred.
- Experience with industry standard 3-D packages (Motion Builder and Maya.)
- Able to grasp and enjoy technical work.
- Experience and understanding of art/animation pipelines for modern video game pipelines
- Able to learn new packages and proprietary tools.
- Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
- Able to self-manage and meet deadlines.
- Must work well within a team.
- Excellent communication skills, especially within the animation department.
- Willingness to accept direction and redo/iterate work until it’s right.
- Must have an active, passionate interest in current video games to help drive the game to the next level.