WB Games | Avalanche Blog
July 17, 2021
WB Games Inc., is looking for a Marketing Games Manager (MGM) to join the development team at Avalanche.
The MGM will be responsible for working closely with the core development team and WB Games Burbank Brand Marketing, Content Marketing, and Integrated Communications team to develop and facilitate marketing assets and tactics throughout the product lifecycle.
- Manage product lifecycle from concept, launch, and live operations, and evangelize the game, its vision, and core mechanics across the business in WB Games Burbank.
- Be the expert on the IP and ensure the game and product communications/assets stay authentic to the IP
- Identify and communicate risks between development schedules and marketing expectations
- Manage how the key features and mechanics fit into the game from a consumer communications standpoint
- Responsible for in-game content creation for product planning, including SKU plans and marketing offers.
- Be the main liaison between core development team and WB Games Burbank team in shaping marketing campaign plans and assets
- Help inform development decisions and timelines as it relates to marketing needs and campaign assets
- Work closely with Creative Director and Producer to produce high-quality game assets for marketing campaign, social extensions, and PR editorial needs
- Lead the Community Team and identify and develop strategies and tactics for establishing and growing online communities around Avalanche and its products. Cultivate Studio/Product Brand image and reputation by managing an online presence that maintains consumer engagement
- Update WB Games Marketing teams on game development milestones and game updates to constantly inform and recommend adjustment to Marketing, Integrated Communications, and Content Marketing programs
- Train Producers and other development staff on best practices for demonstrating product to external parties. Where appropriate, serve as product spokesperson and demonstrate product at trade shows and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years marketing experience within a product development organization required.
- At least 3 years’ experience within the videogames industry preferred.
- Prior experience working for (or closely with) a game developer preferred.
- Is able to effectively present and demonstrate products to internal and external audiences, including Sales and Journalists.
- Must have thorough understanding of the game development process and cycles.
- Requires a strong competitive knowledge of the games market (e.g. past and current game feature sets, title performance, marketing tactics, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and verbal. Must be able to manage communications effectively across a worldwide organization.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to manage multiple products simultaneously.
- Must be collaborative
- Must be a resourceful and creative problem solver.
- Requires a self -starter with high level of initiative.
- Strong sense of ownership required.