WB Games | Avalanche Blog
July 17, 2021
Senior Environmental Technical Artist
Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for a senior level technical artist with a passion for performance, optimization, and high visual quality, specifically related to environments. You will be part of a versatile tech-art team working with the latest technology developing an upcoming AAA title, Hogwarts Legacy, in Salt Lake City, Utah. If you are accustomed to being the go-to for engineers and artists for all things related to level content performance, please apply.
- Improve artist workflow by developing tools, defining standards and best practices.
- Develop Unreal performance tests to help prioritize optimization efforts.
- Keep and maintain clear documentation for standards and best practices.
- Seek out opportunities for optimization and workflow improvements.
- Work as a team with programmers, artists, and other technical artists
- Lead and mentor other technical artists.
- Research and develop forward thinking technologies and tools.
- Content integration in Unreal Engine.
- 5+ years’ experience in the industry.
- At least 3 published games.
- Strong Unreal 4 foundation; integration and optimization of content, and blueprints.
- Strong understanding of authoring and optimizing materials.
- In depth experience with Unreal environment creation.
- In depth knowledge of performance tools within Unreal.
- Scripting proficiency (Python)
- C++ experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Maya and other DCC 3D tools.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to self-manage and meet deadlines while setting a professional and collaborative tone.