WB Games | Avalanche Blog
July 17, 2021
Senior Game Designer
Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a veteran designer to join the team working on the upcoming game, Hogwarts Legacy, a new open world, action RPG set in the Wizarding World.
The Senior Designer, Gameplay Systems and Narrative will have a passion and gift for planning, communicating, tracking, and fine-tuning Disparate gameplay and narrative systems including Relatedness VO, Companions, Save Game Design and direction. This role involves heavy collaboration with the Lead Designer and design teams to ensure that game experience targets are met and conveyed to various teams within our organization.
- Become familiar with the entire game flow and narrative, managing relatedness VO design back to the player by documenting, holding meetings and tuning data.
- Work with QA team to provide information as to how the system works and how it should be tested.
- Conduct meetings, provide design documentation and direction on systemic Companions.
- Collaborate with Tech Director, Producer and implementation team to document and communicate Save Game design across multiple mission and dungeon teams.
- Work with QA to make sure they understand how to properly test the system and report issues against it.
- Experience working in console game development, from start to finish, on multiple projects.
- Experience with similar design responsibilities, on a large-scale console game project (the bigger the better).
- Experience in designing systems or narrative for open-world, RPG, or branching-story structure games
- Self-starter attitude, comfortable with identifying and fulfilling needs, sometimes with little direction.
- Strong proficiency with tools to convey and track progress of design vision.
- Strong verbal communication skills and comfort with collaboration.
- Experience with other gaming disciplines (e.g., art, programming, audio) considered a bonus.